Measures and Controls
GAP CONTACT CONTROL
The instant in which the grinding wheel comes into contact with the workpiece, is important :
- To reduce the cycle time
- To minimize the ‘gap’ time, maximising the feeds of the axis.
The analysis of the contact between grinding wheel-dresser, consents to obtain a perfect profile and optimise the scrap.
The grinding machines may be equipped with measuring systems to:
- Detect sub-micron contacts (gap control)
- Monitor constantly the work to prevent collision (anti-crash)
- Generate feedback signals for adaptive control actions
Grinding Wheel Balancing
Continuously monitors the machine conditions and in in real time compensates eventual grinding wheel umbalance.
Grinding wheel balancing
- improves the mechanical stability of the grinding machine
- improves the surface quality of each piece, avoiding risks of facets , roundness errors and defects of roughness
- allows to increase the peripheral speed of the grinding wheel and the cutting
- increases the quantity of ground workpieces
- reduces stress on the spindle bearings
The use of a flagging device connected to the PLC control records the position of the workpiece in Z axis (table).
The use of measuring systems during the working, permits to grind components with high restricted tolerance.
The available methods are :
- Absolute measurement of diameters,with large ranges
- Measurement of small and large ranges, with reference master
- Control of continuous and interrupted surfaces (regular and irregular)
- Analysis of roundness and shape
- Measurement of the diameters: external, internal, thickness, taper, shoulder, etc.
- Automatic compensation of the in-process correction.